Friday, December 4, 2009

Reflection

It has been almost 5 months since we have returned from Guatemala. The girls we interviewed haunt my dreams…..but then life runs like a film, day in and day out. We are not affected here by the devastation that occurs there. We can live comfortably daily and get lost in self….get lost in the season. Each day we do the routine. Whether its family, college, work…its all routine, all the day to day, each routine moment. I believe in the moment, don’t get me wrong, but we forget that the moments here parallel with the horrific truth that the moments these girls experience must seem eternal.
I look at my children as they play, laughing safely. I again am flooded by overwhelming gratitude. I think back to a conversation that I have had several times….why were we chosen to live here? The answer resounds in my soul. We have the ability to perpetuate change. To rescue. To not live our moments in the naïve denial of the reality of our fallen humanity. We have a mandate. We have a call. To bring hope to the hopeless. To be a voice for the voiceless. To reach beyond ourselves.
To Restore Innocence to the Broken

No comments:

Post a Comment