Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Be Careful what You Ask For...

We started early. We had four interviews- one a former sex slave, second a gentleman who rescues street kids, third the head of child human rights of Guatemala, forth a program head of an inter city organization that educates on safe sex. Interview one rocked my world. This beautiful 20 year old woman in front of me, speaking of such an unbelievable life- one thing after the other- one pain, one humiliation, one trial after the other. Flesh and blood in front of me. I had read story after story before ,but to have this woman sitting in front of me who had lost so much of herself, to touch someone who was riddled with so much pain... totally beyond my comprehension. Beyond my ability to process, beyond my ability to ever go back. A Holy anger rose inside of me that I have yet to feel- somehow though a beautiful picture of God's amazing grace.

In Him,
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment