Sunday, July 12, 2009

We are a week away from traveling to Guatemala and my excitement has been building with each day. I'm not quite sure what to expect. I have been to Haiti multiple times but I have never been to Central America. I am most excited for the opportunity to use my espaƱol skills with native speakers.

As some of you know, for the first half of the summer I was working with TEAMeffort, a youth mission camp, in St. Pete. Well, the ministry I was doing there was incredible: working in Wimauma (the Hispanic community in the area) at a church and organizing a VBS. The kids were so much fun and God opened my heart for those children whose hearts have been hardened. So why am I back in Tally when I was supposed to be doing that until August? Although my time there was well spent, God revealed some things to me with the staff and how the camp was run and ultimately showed me in every way that staying with the camp would not be a healthy environment. Don't get me wrong, God taught me a lot like loving those who are not so easy to love, drawing the day's strength from only Him, and the importance of trusting His will. And that is why I am so excited for Guatemala.

It was not always planned that I would go with The Mag Project. It was kind of short notice actually. But I believe that God has a purpose in everything that He does. I know that the camp didn't work out for a reason, and that was because of Guatemala. Like I said, I don't know what to expect but I'm just going with an open heart ready to learn and love all God will bring before me.

I love you guys and can't wait to tell you all the wonderful stories!

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment