Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 1

We have had no trouble getting what we need information wise. It seems people that are combating trafficking in Guatemala are more than ready to shrae story after story- I wonder why. Why do they do it. They are in danger and are willing to risk their lives to fight but aside from God, what is the purpose, what is the point, what is their story? Did they have a part of themselves, taken or stolen or broken? Did this create in them a passion to free others? As my heart begins to weave itself into these people's lives- I sit and ponder so much. My thoughts this morning are of God's love for his people. I know I love this culture and this country but God loves them so much more. So much that He chose to send a people group from thousands of miles away to relate that love. The presence of evil is so prevalent- a country so beautiful but entrenched in violence, poverty, lust of power, and sexual immortality. I wonder if that is how God sees us aside from Christ. His beautiful creation on the outside but inside so polluted and corrupt. Mainly as I sit here, I think how could I not fight for the rest of my life for people who can't? Again and again I am shown that this is not God's short term passion for my life but yet a lifetime journey in the making.

In Him,
Kris

"For it is for freedom that we have been set free. Stand firm therefore and do not submit to the yoke of slavery."-Galations 5:1

1 comment:

  1. So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty,
    Without accomplishing what I desire,
    And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

    Isaiah 55:11 NASB


    Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8 NASB

    ReplyDelete