Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 2

So burdened: The weight of what we are doing is astounding. We interviewed a girl today who was 16 and pregnant with her 3rd child. She was abused/sold/abused and sold again- mostly before age 13 then turned to making money for her family however she could. Then we went to see the street kids. I can't really put into words the pain that ripped through my heart and soul as my feet hit the broken pavement. At once we were flooded with children 12 and up,smiling and laughing but behind glassy eyes from the paint thinner that is so easy for them to get. Children that should be safely tucked in their family's love, surviving unspeakable conditions. The smell of paint thinner was so strong that I had to continue getting ouside of their excited clutter so I didn't pass out. Some kids were worse, not able to hold a sentence, stumbling and falling all over- so easy for me to insert one of my kids, same ages but worleds apart. The depravity is so deep, almost a smog over the lost innocence of these children- so vulnerable to further violence because they are just everywhere. I know God is in this. I asked Him, break my heart for what breaks yours. Mission complete on day 2. I am ruined forever. I will forever carry these people in my heart and soul- not in a pitiful sad way, but in a voice for those with none. I want to show them How Great is our God. I want to show them there is so much beauty from the ashes- that God still wants them, even if it seems that no one else does.

In Him,
Kris

"These are God's children, and to refuse them is to refuse God." -Carlos Toledo

2 comments:

  1. Kris - check your home e-mail. Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vindicate the weak and fatherless;
    Do justice to the afflicted and destitute.
    Rescue the weak and needy;
    Deliver them out of the hand of the wicked.

    Psalm 82: 3 - 4

    ReplyDelete